History Tour, Culture Tour, Coach Tour
The name Gallipoli has long been associated with sacrifice and heroism, a place where history and legend have combined, with the events of 1915 leaving their mark on many nations. Crowded House’s daily Gallipoli tour can take you back to where history was made and myths were born, connecting the past with the present.
06.00 Pick up from your hotel in Taksim area
06.30 – 07.00 Pick up from your hotel in Sultanahmet and transfer to Eceabat
12:00 Arrive in Eceabat & lunch at a local restaurant
13.00 Depart from Eceabat for Fully Guided Gallipoli Tour,
Among the highlights of the tour are:
• Brighton Beach, the intended site of the landing on April 25.
• Beach Cemetery at the southern tip of ANZAC Cove where John Simpson Kirkpatrick of "Simpson and his donkey" fame is buried.
• ANZAC Cove, site of the first landing on April 25 and the main base for the Allied troops in this sector throughout the campaign.
• Ariburnu Cemetery on the northern tip of ANZAC Cove.
• The ANZAC Commemorative Site, where the annual Dawn Service is held.
• The Lone Pine Australian Memorial, located at site of the successful attack and capture of Turkish trenches by Australians during the August offensive.
• Johnston's Jolly where you'll explore original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels.
• The 57. Regiment Turkish Memorial, where your guide will give the Turkish perspective on the campaign.
• The Nek, site of the famous charge by men of the Australian Light Horse depicted in the movie Gallipoli.
• Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, build on the hill taken by the New Zealanders during the August offensive, highest point captured during the entire campaign.
Our tour price includes: -
• Pick up from your hotel in Istanbul and return in the evening
• Lunch at a local restaurant in Eceabat
• Tour of the battlefields in the Anzac sector
• Professional English speaking guide throughout
• All transportation in an